August 26, 2012
Oh dear. The Pubcast's axe-wielding* host Tristan Ogilvie is away this week, leaving the show without a firm hand on the tiller. Who will guide this chaotic, unruly party boat through the waters of conversation, peppered as they are with randy dolphins, booze-filled buoys and language that would make a sailor blush?
Spoiler alert – it's Luke Reilly.
This week we've also got world-infamous AMBLA president Ben Baker back once again**, alongside Cam Shea, Jem Gold, Lucy O'Brien and the aforementioned Luke. It's a galaxy of non-stars!
Here's what awaits you in Episode 52:
- Cam and Lucy rant about their love for the groovy Sound Shapes, while Luke giggles at the use of 'aural'. Game of the year? It's up there… even if it doesn't have barbarians.
- We talk Sleeping Dogs, Assassin's Creed and completionism. Do you have to find all the feathers/agility orbs/Riddler trophies?
- We argue that 'linear' shouldn't be a dirty word. Why take perfectly serviceable words and make them dirty? Why not invent new ones, like 'buntmunters' and 'flangepop'?
- GTA V screens! Awesome! And why Rockstar's latest needs to have theme parks.
- What a massive shock. We spend a bunch of time talking about Deadly Premonition and Deadly Premonition 2. Again.
- Game reviews! Ben Baker drops some truth based on his recent trip to the casino. Which poker machine should you waste your money on? Find out.
- Our thoughts on Until Dawn and Remember Me***.
Don't delay, download today! Episode 52!
*By which we mean 'guitar'.
**He actually never left. He sleeps here now.
***Not the R-Patt film, although we do ask why he has a head that looks like it was put together by a well-trained blacksmith.
©2012-08-27, IGN Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved