10 Proven Health Benefits of Garlic for National Garlic DayDeals
Friday, April 19 is National Garlic Day. Not only is this used as a delicious flavor booster in cooking, but it has also been used in both ancient and modern history to treat and prevent medical diseases and conditions. What better time to let you in on 10 health benefits of garlic proven by human research?!
- Garlic has been recognized as both a preventative agent and treatment for many cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. It is shown to potentially help reverse early heart disease by removing plaque buildup in arteries. It is also shown to reduce cholesterol levels, which may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Garlic may be immensely beneficial in regulating blood pressure by promoting the opening or widening of blood vessels. To take advantage, why not mince a glove of garlic and put it into your salad or salad dressing?
- Garlic is an effective herbal treatment for infected wounds. It is known for its antibiotic properties, which can help to reduce pain and promote healing. Garlic also boosts the body’s natural defenses against infection. Just apply 2 crushed cloves on the infected area.
- Garlic has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties which make it great as a natural home remedy against asthma symptoms. Studies suggest that garlic is good for not only reducing but also curing asthma symptoms over time. Boil 3-4 cloves of garlic in half a cup of milk. Allow this mixture to cool and then drink to help bring relief to early asthma symptoms.
- Garlic oil helps to promote health hair growth and prevent hair loss. Try these Garlic Hair Drops with Argan Oil to help in growing healthier, stronger, and thicker hair.
- Garlic helps fight against cold and flu. Taking 2-3 cloves of raw or cooked garlic each day not only helps to combat against the common cold but also builds your immunity against it. For easy eating, garlic can be added to hot stews, soups, and broths.
- Garlic is a nutrient powerhouse full of vitamins and minerals. Try adding these odorless garlic soft gel supplements to your health routine.
- Garlic helps with treating diabetes by reducing blood sugar levels. It can also potentially stop or reduce the effects of some diabetes complications.
- Garlic may help with bone health by reducing bone loss through the increase of estrogen in women.
- Garlic is beneficial for eye care. Garlic is rich in sulphur, which is important for the production of an antioxidant in the body that protects the lens of the eye.
***We are not medical experts so this advice is only to be taken on the consultation and advice of a physician. We have not tested or proven this research to be accurate.